Apply thirty five years of creative electronic, mechanical and software experience to the definition, prototype manufacture, and development of new products, processes, and methods through the intelligent application of processor controls and real time software techniques.
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering from Villanova University with additional studies in mathematics at New York University Uptown and Manhattan College.
Presently hold four Patents for industrial test equipment. The Patent are 4015466, 4016753, 4061025, and 4090130. Several other patents applied for.
author of several books: "Concoction of a Beer Engineer", "More Concoctions from the Beer Engineer", "Brewing By the Numbers", "The Hard Cider Handbook", In Search of a Good 5¢ Yeast" and others. Most of these books address the problems and solutions with the process control of brewing systems.
|1988 to Present||Crossfire Engineering Inc., E. Windsor, CT||Vice President|
|1987 to 1988||Hamilton Standard, Windsor Locks, CT||Consultant|
|1985 to 1987||Sikorsky Aircraft, Stratford, CT||Consultant|
|1984 to 1985||General Electric, Utica, NY||Consultant|
|1983 to 1984||Crossfire Engineering Inc., E. Windsor, CT||Vice President|
|1977 to 1983||Hamilton Standard, Windsor Locks, CT||Engineer|
|1975to 1976||Autosense Equipment Ltd. Bicester, UK||Engineer|
|1966 to 1975||Hamilton Standard, Windsor Locks, CT||Engineer|
Hardware and Systems Design Experience:
- Design, fabrication, and checkout of many control systems, fixtures, and tooling. Most recently a full line of KegMan products for the brewing industry. at CEI
- Design and Implement Internet Home Pages for several local businesses. at CEI
- Upgrade and/or design, assemble, and test several computer systems for many local small businesses. CEI specializes in private and class room training of personal in computer languages, applications, and operations. at CEI
- Establish test procedures for the software development and qualification testing of a helicopter flight control system. at HSD
- Design and develop a VAX based Steady State Simulator for the prediction of Steady State Control Law Results for two Flight Control System Units. At HSD
- Provide hardware definition, design and evaluation for a helicopter (wind tunnel model) control system using Z80s, 8748s, 8751s, Std BUS, IEEE Bus, IBM and HP PCS. These systems provided Real Time servo motor/brake control for pneumatic linear and nonlinear control functions. Some parts of the system provided system accuracy and response verification, status displays, and BITE. at SA
- Provide hardware specifications, design and evaluation for an IEEE BUS monitoring and status reporting system for several Environmental Control Stations. at GE
- Resurrection of several old and non-functioning radar test stands for production use. Task included: Complete replacement of lost documentation, definition of replacement modules for obsolete parts and modules, and the reconstruction and checkout of finished test stands, cabling, and recertification by DOD. at GE
- Provide design input and full instrumentation installation and evaluation for an automated environmental control facility. at HSD
- Redefine and update of an electronic fuel control computerized test stand. Required complete definition of all parts for procurement (drawings, part lists, and substitution), re-defining of all assembly procedures and drawings. Provide checkout and final test procedures for DOD acceptance. at HSD
- Invention of a very accurate, High Voltage Probe that measures voltages in excess of 50 kv without circuit connections. Patent 4090130 was obtained for this unique design. at HSD
- Provide significant hardware definition, design and evaluation of a Diesel Engine Diagnostic system which measures engine cylinder pressure, compression, horsepower, torque and jerk without the use of conventional monitoring systems. Patents obtained during this effort were 4015466, 4016753, and 4061025. at HSD
- Provide the Hardware definition, design, installation, and evaluation for the automated Diagnostic Test Facility at GMC Truck Diagnostic Center in Cleveland, Ohio. at HSD
- Provide Hardware definition, design and evaluation for the microprocessor interface for the automated dynamometer testing facility at Detroit Diesel Alleson Test Facility. at HSD
- 15. at Provide Hardware definition, design and evaluation for the optical bench and gas sampling system used for the Arizona state exhaust emissions test facilities. at HSD
- Provided significant contributions to the development of a microprocessor based automotive diagnostic test system for the Ford Motor Company Service Research Center. at HSD
- Design and development of an automated Diesel Engine Oil coolant Control System for the British Leylend Automated Engine Test Facility at Longbridge, England. at Auto Sense
- Design, manufacture, and evaluation of many vibration and shock test fixtures and systems for industrial, military and aerospace applications. At CEI and HSD
- Design and manufacture of many special applications tooling, models and fixtures for the simplification of and/or performance of complex electrical, mathematical and mechanical tasks. at CEI and HSD
- Software Design Experience:
- 1. at Development of specialized programs for the MCS-48, MCS-51, Z80, Z800, 8086, 8088 and the 80286 microcontrollers and microcomputers as well as proprietary real time controllers using a wide variety of macro assemblers and cross assemblers, and BASIC, C, and FORtrAN compilers on VAX, Intel ICE, and HP/IBM PCs.
- 2. at The Real Time programs were used for the Real Time Control and monitoring of flow valve positioning, servo motor/brake controllers, digital sample and hold systems, analog and digital converters and filters, direct Fourier Transforms in spacial coordinates, model tracking and fail safe mode positioning.
- 3. at Non Real Time Programs were used in BITE, Troubleshooting, control and monitoring of environment and production testing, process control, and other non active control applications.
Rates charged: straight $45.00 per hour for all work at our facility. Work outside our facility is charged $75.00.
Internet SOLUTIONS NOT more questions.